I'm Back

11.05.2008

It's over. I'm home. I'm exhausted. I'm depressed. Over the next few days, I will post a digest of each day's events, backdating them to the correct day. For now I just want to say one thing: Last night the guys had one last debrief, after we knew who was our new president and after we knew that Sodrel lost. It was a quiet and somber time, but God gave me something to say then that I want to share now.

In Romans 8:28 we are told that all things work together for good, for those that love God. Jeremiah 29:11 tells us that God knows the plans that he has for us, and that those plans are good plans to prosper us and not to harm us, and to give us hope in the future and for the future. Taking these two verses together is really all that is keeping me from beating my head against the wall, or just sitting and crying my eyes out. I don't know how God is going to work what happened during the elections for good, but I know that He will, and I know that He is not just wandering aimlessly but has a plan. I have a hope in the future, because God gave it to me. He gives it to all who will take it from Him. I have claimed that promise.

When my mind has settled, and I have recovered somewhat from this past week, I will probably post some thoughts on why things went this way, thoughts about the week, and just stuff. Whatever the Lord wills.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the scriptures

Alexander said...

It was really cool actually how the Lord worked that out. Jeremiah 29:11 is my life verse, and when we were talking Tuesday night/Wednesday morning Drew brought up Romans 8:28. God started connecting the dots for me, and it encouraged me enough that I thought He would want me to share.

Anonymous said...

I think that's one of the coolest things about being God's children; we know that He works everything together for good. And if we'll just trust Him with that, we can have peace along the way.
I'm sorry your candidate lost but I'm sure it was a good time of growing,encouragement and fellowship!

Alexander said...

It was that, if nothing else. It was a lot of fun. The guys had a nightly debrief and devotion, led by myself and Clayton, alternating. I've found that when you have to lead, and teach others from the Word, it always helps you grow and learn first.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones