What people really mean...

11.26.2008

At work today I heard "have a good Thanksgiving" many, many, times while carrying out groceries. As I worked and observed, I noticed a common theme...never once did anybody mention being grateful, rather, most people just complained about "having to do Thanksgiving" and "cook for the relatives."

Eventually, I saw another theme: every person that talked about having "a good Thanksgiving" equated "good Thanksgiving" with "opportunity to stuff my face with good food that I didn't have to cook, and not feeling guilty about it."

How sad and pathetic."Opportunity to stuff my face"? What happened to being thankful for what God has given us? What happened to being thankful for living in this great nation, the United States of America?

Am I this way? I do not think so. Here are some things that I am thankful for:

  •  My family - I don't always get along with them, but they keep me sharp in my faith. I don't always agree with them, but I love them, and they love me.
  • My friends - I don't make friends easily, but the ones I do have are true as steel. I know that they have my back, no matter what. I am very thankful for them.
  • My stuff - Yes, I am thankful for my stuff. God has blessed me with many things, I am thankful that He has.
  • My country - Even though I do not agree with all the political leaders, the USA is still, in my opinion, the best country in the world.
  • Soldiers in Iraq and elsewhere - They are the reason I can post and be free. They are the reason I can live without fear.
These are just some things. I think I have demonstrated my point - BE THANKFUL THIS THANKSGIVING. There are many things to be thankful for - perhaps you can post some things that you are thankful for in the comments.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

-My freedom to have faith in an amazing God
-All my siblings.I'm thankful that we work through things and still love eachother
-My Mama and Daddy. For guiding my footsteps and encouraging me in my desires and dreams
-My big brother who's helped me let the past be the past and to look forward to the future
-My God who is full of mercy and grace towards me and "sticks closer than a brother"


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones