Psalms 20:4

11.19.2009

Over the past semester I've been messing around with a chord progression that I was sure I had heard in some song somewhere, but I hadn't been able to find the song. In the past week and a half, and the past few days especially, I've worked on composing a song with these chords, changing how I play them, what order, the rhythm, etc. Making it my own song.

After I got the chords and some semblance of a tune in my head, I began looking for words to put to "my song." I wasn't finding any inspiration, and I was getting busy studying for my next test (American Literature), so I didn't think about it much today.

I took my practice test a couple of hours ago, and I didn't do any where close to how well I wanted - I was aiming for a 75-80%, and I got 57%. A passing score, but not an amazing score. Feeling a little down, I wandered down the hall, and stopped to talk to a couple of other students, in the same class, and Rebekah Johnson, a staff member. Rebekah encouraged me to study some more, but above all to spend time in Scripture, studying God's word. I took her advice, and grabbed my guitar and started searching Scripture.

Apparently randomly, my searches led me to Psalms 20, specifically verse 4, and well...the song below is the result. It was totally God...He put the words and the tune together, and He's given me a lot of peace about the test tomorrow as well. Praise God!

O Lord, grant me, grant me
My heart's desire.

O Lord, grant me, grant me
My heart's desire.

O Lord, O
O Lord, O
O Lord!

O Lord, fulfill, fulfill
All Your plans.

O Lord, fulfill, fulfill
All Your plans.

In me, Lord
In me, Lord
Through You!

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones