What's coming up/Some thoughts on Driscoll's recent sermons

10.29.2008

I will be campaigning for Mike Sodrel for Congress starting on Friday. It will be a rough campaign against Baron Hill in District 7, around Jeffersonville. I intend to post daily a digest of the day, what God has shown me, what I have learned, prayer requests, etc. Lord willing that should be up before midnight every night. I will also try to post some pictures and short posts from my phone of interesting happenings or people.

Listening to Mark Driscoll's sermons on the Song of Solomon has been revealing. I am learning how I need to treat my future wife, while at the same time I am learning how to prepare myself for my future wife. Some randomish thoughts, not neccesarily in order of sermon:

  • My standard of beauty is my wife. 
    • If I don't have a wife, then I can't have a standard of beauty. This extends to my wife before we are married - when I know who God wants me to marry, that is my standard of beauty for the rest of my life.
    • As my wife changes, my standard of beauty will change.
  • I must serve my wife.
    • While I am to be the leader of the home, I am to serve my wife. Serving my wife will include spiritually, emotionally, and physically.
  • Mark Driscoll: "See, it isn't French kissing at all. It's Biblical kissing." (On Song of Solomon 4:11)

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones