Day 1

10.31.2008

Another change of plans: I'm going to post short posts every night in a digest, and then when I get home I'm going to post the full version that i am writing down.
That said, here goes.

Today started the SAT for Sodrel. Started working as soon as we got here, and am just now going to bed. Did the normal SAT stuff- phone banking, literature, sign waving. Had a debrief with the other guys, and now time to sleep. Tomorrow will be more interesting.


October 31, 2008
Barnabas Lodge, Jeffersonville, IN

Today was the start of the Student Action Team for Mike Sodrel. Arrived in Jeffersonville around 11:30 and got to work right away. Did the typical stuff - phone banking, folding literature, and sign waving. I led a debrief for the guys. We went over what we learned today, what we wanted to keep each other responsible in, and what we are going to do this week. We talked about what our attitudes need to be toward our fellow volunteers, the girls. I encouraged them to remember 1 Timothy 4:12 and to be leaders. It's been a long day, the first of many to come.

2 comments:

jeleasure said...

Alex,
I was like you when I was younger. Still do fight with pride.
The pride I had when I was younger, is of my previous ability to resite chapters of scripture. I got caught up in the desire to memorize scripture. Then, I needed to recite it every chance I got. When I realized what I was doing, being proud, I decided I needed to just know what the Bible said and not verbatum.
I manage only one blog, currently. It is a Biblical exegete blog called "Journaling For Growth". I wrote another one that can be accessed from Journaling For Growth. It is called "Love One Another". It is a seven chapter book that I attempt to answer to what the core message of the Bible is.
The American Family Association says that only six percent of all people who call them selves Christians, truly understand the core message of the Bible.

Jon Ingersoll said...

Hey. Don't be an emotional drama king while you're gone.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones