Light Follower

9.07.2010

Though I fall again and again
You grant me mercy over and over
Every time I displease You I'm in pain
Why is it so hard to find freedom?

God Almighty You gave me a glimpse
One summer of freedom, six weeks
Where I lived freely, in bliss
Why can I not find that freedom now?

The taste of true love, the way it felt
Lingers in my mind, making it hard
To concentrate on the present, it's a welt
Sore and red across my face -- hurting.

Why show love and freedom to me
If I cannot have it again?
You have given me the desire to be
Free and full of life and love.

God Almighty, blessed be Your Name
Your love for me is everlasting, eternal
Your mind never changes and Your Fame
Goes out before all peoples and nations.

Your mind, Your will, never stray
But I can't always see them, so please
God I pray that you grant me this
   -- show me the way
So that I may please You.

Father-God, let my love for You
Be a reflection of Your love for me
May I walk in Your Spirit with love
For You and for those around me.

God I'm confused. I'm lost, I'm weary.
Show me what to do, grant me peace
Your Word lights my path, give me grace
To follow it's shine -- wherever it leads.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones