Life ahead...

1.11.2009

I was at the Verity Institute campus for Dual Enrollment Orientation Friday afternoon until Saturday evening. Being there, beginning classes, meeting people, seeing the students study...made me think about what I need to do over the next few years in order to accomplish God's goals for me.

As part of this semester with Verity I will be going through the Life Purpose Planning material. In the meantime, however, I have just been thinking about what the Lord wants me to do, what my options are. Right now I trust that He wants me to take courses from Verity. In the future I believe that He wants me to pursue a Criminal Justice degree with Verity, but what after that? I talked with one of the other student's dad while I was on campus. He had a Criminal Justice degree, and had spent 28 years in various aspects of Law enforcement. Much of that time was spent in Drugs and Narcotics; he also worked in the IRS and briefly in the Secret Service (or he "tried out" for the Secret Service and decided that it wasn't right for him...I'm not sure). He told me that their are many openings for someone after majoring in Criminal Justice, including the FBI, DoD, and Secret Service; local law enforcement as well as national.

While I don't know just what I will be doing in the near future, or just what the Lord will have me pursue, I know that His way is perfect, and as long as I follow His will, I will be taken care of.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones