Notes and Thoughts - GMAA Session 2

3.13.2009

Dr. R. Albert Mohler
Questions define a faithful Christian, and ignoring these questions show a "flickering" faith.
Romans 11:33 - 12:2

  • When I see the word "therefore" I need to look at the previous verses to see what the context is.
  • I need to reboot spiritually every once in awhile, 'cuz just like my computer I eventually overload and my mind just starts spinning.
  • Knowing the will of God is part of my responsibility as a Christian, and finding the Lord's will is a never-ending process.
  • The will of God is not:
    • A game He is playing with me.
    • Like buried treasure that I am supposed to find.
    • A puzzle that I am supposed to put together when I get the pieces.
    • A mystery that I must accept.
    • Something that I am not supposed to like.
  • It is God's will:
    • That I should be born. There is a purpose for my life.
    • That it is God's will for me to eventually die - unless Christ returns first.
    • That I was born male.
    • That I will go through different life stages.
    • That I obey God's Word.
    • That I obey all authorities - civil, parental, church.
    • That I believe in Christ.
    • That I do everything for God's glory.
    • That I get married or am given the gift of celibacy to do the work of God.
    • That I share the Gospel.
    • That I be faithful to my church - serving faithfully.
    • That I strengthen the church, make a difference in the world, and in every role and relationship show the glory of God.
  • I already know most of God's will.
  • I won't find just by thinking, but by doing.
  • If it's God's will then to change even a small part of it would be to mar the perfection of His perfect plan.

0 comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones